Kvaser BlackBird v2
Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a high-performance wireless (WLAN) communication link for the High Speed CAN bus. More powerful and versatile a WLAN solution than Kvaser's original BlackBird, Kvaser BlackBird v2 incorporates a new radio chip with up to 75% better range.
The BlackBird v2's ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing the cumbersome cable, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks, or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g/n.
- IP65-rated for protection against water and dust.
- Responds to increased market demand for iOS and Android API with a “device agnostic” HTTP-based REST API (more info on REST >>)
- Up to 75% increased range.
- Works in AdHoc and Infrastructure mode.
- Lightweight but highly rugged aluminum housing.
- Polyurethane cabling suitable for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a standard D-SUB connector.
- Configured via USB connection.
- Can be used as a wired interface.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 - 40 V DC).
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microseconds.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2).
- Supports 11-bit and 29-bit identifiers.
- For configuration instructions, see User Guide, or reference the Developer Blog article, "How to connect multiple Kvaser BlackBirds".